The Antigonish Women’s Resource Centre and Sexual Assault Services Association is calling on 30 women in our community to make a difference in the lives of youth.
The 30 Women campaign is in support of the Healthy Relationships for Youth program. Through the HRY program youth in schools throughout the Strait Regional School Board and across Nova Scotia learn the skills they need to develop healthy relationships and reduce their risk of violence.
The HRY program is a school-based violence prevention program that trains youth from grades 11 and 12 to deliver, along with their classroom teacher, a 12-session program for grade 9 students. The program is award-winning, appreciated by teachers and students alike, and has demonstrated a positive impact on both girls and boys.
Your support will help change lives. Our youth will become more resilient, more self-confident and better able to negotiate some of the complexities of relationships in their lives and communities. When we evaluated the HRY program, we found the following outcomes:
- reduced violence
- healthier relationships
- increased leadership skills among youth
- more tolerant school environments
- increased civic participation among youth.
Your contribution will help:
- train 120 grade 11 and 12 students to be youth facilitators
- provide approximately 900 grade 9 students with skills and knowledge to make healthy decisions about their lives and relationships.
We are asking 30 women in our community to each contribute $1,000 to the HRY program. Your donation will be matched by a charitable foundation (name to be released). For not much more than a toonie a day, you will change the lives of youth. Monthly contributions can be made through our website.
How to Donate
- By cheque. (Please make payable to the Antigonish Women’s Resource Centre and Sexual Assault Services Association, 204 Kirk Place, 219 Main Street, Antigonish, NS, B2G 2C1)
- Online through our website. See the Donate Online button to go to Canada Helps.
- Contributions can be made as single payments, two payments or monthly payments.
Charitable tax receipts will be provided.
We will assure and safeguard the privacy and confidentiality of the women we are asking to contribute as well as those who do.
Join 30 women who care and help us make a difference for Nova Scotia youth!